Saturday, March 7, 2015

St. Patrick's Confessio: Sections 11 - 15

These passages of St. Patrick's Confessio talk about his call, in spite of being "a simple country person, a refugee, and unlearned."

It is right to spread abroad the name of God faithfully and without fear, so that even after my death I may leave something of value to the many thousands of my brothers and sisters – the children whom I baptised in the Lord.

I hear echoes of Paul's assertian in Corinthians 1 of his lack of eloquence or cleverness of speech in preaching the Gospel (1 Corinthians 10 -17, NIV & NASB).  Here St. Patrick emphasizes a similar idea, though the topic is somewhat different, that the pedigree of the preacher does not matter, only the call of God and that the Gospel is preached.


Click below to find the entire text of
St. Patrick's Confessio

Read My Commentary on Previous Sections


Are you reading along in St. Patrick'sConfessio? 
 Please share your thoughts on this section in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment