Monday, March 16, 2015

St. Patricks Confessio: 54 - 58


This is possibly the oldest church still standing in Ireland, and
may be something like the churches where St. Patrick's converts,
or their children, worshiped, though it was not in the area where
he is thought to have preached.  You can see more pictures, 
including interior pictures, here

But what can I say, or what can I promise to my Lord? There is nothing I have that is not his gift to me.
~ St. Patrick

In this passage St. Patrick talks about how he seeks glory from God, not men, and how he is ready to face martyrdom if need be for the sake of the ministry God gave him.  He again gives the credit to God for what he has accomplished, and will accomplish.


Click below to find the entire text of
St. Patrick's Confessio

Read My Commentary on Previous Sections


Are you reading along in St. Patrick'sConfessio?  Please share your thoughts on this section in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment