Monday, March 9, 2015

St. Patrick's Confessio: Sections 23 - 25

They called out as it were with one voice: “We beg you, holy boy, to come and walk again among us.” 

I am reading through a few sections of  St. Patrick's Confessio (one of the few works attributed to St. Patrick) every day, leading up to St. Patrick's Day.  In this section he shared three visions he had to lead him on his calling to return to Ireland (where he had previously been taken as a slave, and had escaped from), and preach the Gospel to the people there.

I think also modern people are more hesitant to to put stock in visions, myself included, though my own testimony contains something similar in feeling the Holy Spirit's presence (though not a vision, really, just a sense).   

The second vision leaves me feeling like there should be more to it...since there was a whole message but all he understood of it, if I am reading it right, was that the message was from God.

Are you reading along in St. Patrick'sConfessio?  I would love to hear your thoughts on this section--please share in the comments below.



Click below to find the entire text of

No comments:

Post a Comment